Anderson County set a new local employment record in July, according to new data released from the SC Department of Employment and Workforce.
The Local Area Employment Statistics report released today showed 89,322 residents being employed in July 2021. The previous high was 88,841 in June of 2019. Local employment has increased by more than 3,000 since July of 2020.
“We are finally getting back to where we might have been had the pandemic not struck our nation”, said Council Chair Tommy Dunn. “I can assure everyone that County Council will do all in its power to build upon and sustain this momentum, because people are still hurting out there”.
The county’s July unemployment rate was 4.0%, a drop from 4.3% in June. The rate was 7.2% in July of last year. The statewide unemployment rate for July was measured at 4.3%.
Anderson County’s labor also reached an all-time high, exceeding 93,000 for the first time ever in July. A total of 3,752 people were unemployed in July, a decline of approximately 200 from the previous month.
Governmental Affairs Director
Anderson County Administrator’s Office
Join Anderson Mall in Partnership with Dillard’s and sponsored by Healthy Blue SC Saturday, August 7th from Noon to 4 p.m. for fun and excitement, as kids begin the new school year. There will be over 1,400 FREE backpacks and the FIRST 100 KIDS will get backpacks filled with school supplies and discounted embroidery from Lids. There will also be entertainment, police and fire department safety training, blood drive, FREE COVID Testing, tablets for kids with reduced/free lunch, sweet treats, and much more!
We are very grateful for the Donations and participation from the follow organization and businesses:
- Anderson Mall (Event Partner) – School supplies, activities, event space
- Healthy Blue SC (Event Sponsor) – Activities, resources, vendors
- Dillard’s (Event Partner) – Fashion Show, Police & Fire Department Safety Training, activities
- Get The Grade – Mall tenant for after school programs, tutoring services, after school pickup, school supply donations, and much more.
- Tha Bounce – Mall tenant providing inflatables at event, school donations, raffle for Laser Tag prize
- Northern Suga – Mall tenant providing sweet treats
- The Zone – Vendor
- The Block (96.3,104.5,107.7) – Radio Station broadcasting live from event
- Lids – Mall tenant providing Back-to-School discount and sale for embroidery on backpacks for the first 100 kids.
- Hibbett Sports – Mall tenant providing school supply donations and Back-to-School sales
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc. – Volunteers at event
- Cricket Wireless – Vendor
- The Blood Connection – Blood Drive donations
- KHS Consulting LLC. – FREE COVID testing and tablets for kids with free/reduced lunch
- Rhino SES – School supply donations and vendor
Dillard’s will also have a Fashion Show to promote their Back-to-School line, with over 100 kids signed up. This is a Back-to-School Bash you do not want to miss! For more information on happenings at Anderson Mall, please visit www.shopandersonmall.com.
See you there!